Tour de Phoenix
Saturday April 10th
A couple of weeks ago our biking group, the Brumby's, prerode the course for the Tour de Phoenix. I cleared my Saturday to make sure I could do this ride because I wanted to do the actual race. So that day I felt really good, had a great ride and came home and told Travis, "I think I'm good, I'm not going to do the race." Well, my stubborn Astill mentality kicked in and I signed up on Friday, the day before the race. Travis and I both did the race and this will be the first and only time that I can say I beat Travis to the finish line (he got a flat tire, poor thing). Travis probably would have done well (I'm talking top 5 well) since he was telling me he went up Usery going 18mph and the guy he rides with took 2nd place. I told him that was nothing, I usually go about 24mph! I could take Travis any day!
The race started at 6:15am and was 72 miles long. The course started by Red Mountain Highschool, down University to Alma School, Alma School to Mckellips, Mckellips to Hayden, Hayden to Shea Blvd, Shea to the Beeline Hwy, up Beeline to Bush hwy, down Bush to Usery, up Usery to University to Power to Brown and Finish! Did you get all of that????? It was a lot of fun. I ended up finding a little group that kept a great pace the entire time. I would have to say my legs were dead when I got to Usery but I made it and BEAT TRAVIS I might add! The best part of the race is getting to see all of the cyclists we know finish and have a great time as well. Everyone is so great!!!
So for some reason my inner thighs were really sore(cramping sore, weird) so Travis mentioned that I should go get a massage. I did not pass up his offer! It felt great! We then went to an after race party and had a great time mingling and relaxing. Such a fun and exhausting day! I'm glad I did the race. It always feels so good to accomplish a challenging goal.
So, off the biking subject....Ryder finally went #2 on the potty-YAAAAY! Its the little things in life that make a difference-right?

That is awesome! Great job!! And yeah for Ryder :)
ReplyDelete