Thursday, March 18, 2010



Tucson Bicycle Classic
Mar. 12-14


Stage 1-Time Trial-"What?"
Trav was coaching our game face. We need some work!

Julie and Melissa warming up for TT.




Joe and Travis warming up for TT


Travis in action at the TT. Do you think his helmet needs to be longer?
He did 3 miles in 8 min. 19 sec. and placed 9th in his category.


Stage 2-Road Race 40 miles for me (Cat. 4). Trav rode 80 miles (cat. 2)
I would have to say this race was sketchy and made me very nervous
to move on to stage 3 but fortunately both me and Trav finished safely.


The added bonus to this race is the awesome group of people that were with us.
We had so much fun with everyone who did the race. Lunch at Ferkins or
or something like that. Someone ordered a ferkin cheeseburger.
Stage 3-Circuit Race-mine was 28 miles, Trav's was 45 miles. This was actually
fun and less scary. In the end I took 13th overall and Trav took 8th overall. This race
was quite the experience. Very humbling. My husband is a very talented rider. I
think I have to work at it a little more. It was not a relaxing weekend but it was so
fun to take a weekend and do something the me and my husband used to do before
we had kids. I love hanging out with him plus we got to eat butterfinger blizzards on
the way home-they were delicious!!!! (getting butterfinger blizzards was something
we did all the time when we lived in Jackson, WY).

Here is my sweet husband right before he started his last race!!! Love you, I had
a great weekend!!!







3 comments:

  1. Wow you really are amazing... Way to go... I think it's so great you do all of these races... I have NO desire to ever do anything like that, but I will admire you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too. I had a great weekend. You're easily the best racing partner I've ever had. (Is this the equivalent of on-line PDA?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome! I have to hate Travis' helmet though. ;) I'd rather see Bryce running the Ragnar in his Speedo! Okay, maybe not...

    ReplyDelete