Saturday, February 6, 2010
Challenge
For some reason all of our kids have been getting up all week long. Well, of course there is usually a reason, they were getting sick- at least the boys were. Max ended up with an ear infection and Ryder ran a fever last night and seems to be pretty miserable with a cold-oh, the joy!!!!! I can't remember if I mentioned that I started a healthy challenge with 55 other women and one of the things we are to do is write in a journal once a day. So I am trying to be more diligent and use my blog as that. It hasn't been super easy because my life isn't that exciting to be writing everyday so on the positive side of things it is making me be a little creative and use my brain-OUCH! There are 10 parts of this challenge and already in this first week I have actually seen a difference in some areas of my life. There are two specifically... 1-SWEETS! Part of the challenge is no sweets, junk food, or unhealthy snacks. If you no me well I love sweets, crave them and just love, love, love, love, them! Now you also might say that I work out enough to eat a sweet a day-I totally agree! The problem is I seem to eat one, then another, then another, another, another, and you see the pattern! So this is one of the reasons I've taken on this challenge. How have I benefited from this in only a week? I have noticed an extreme change in my moods-SHOCKER! I seem to be a little more patient, not so up and down, not as tired, and I feel better. This not only benefits me but my sweet husband and kids. 2-The other thing I have benefited from is a personal goal daily/weekly, just something to work on each day. Not only am I getting things done but I love the feeling of accomplishment. Sometimes my mind thinks to much about everything I need to get done and when I don't get all of it done I feel disappointed. This has helped me to focus on one thing and be proud of that one thing getting done! Sounds simple, doesn't it? Most of the time is seems that life runs better on doing simple things!!! I do love challenges in all forms-good and bad because in the end we all come out having learned something we either like or dislike, we will have found more strengths or weaknesses we never knew existed and we will have created something new inside ourselves! Have a beautiful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment