Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wow


Wow! Its been a long time since I've written. To be honest, I don't think I've blogged since I stopped doing "The Challenge". So here we are in June-kids are done with school and its officially HOT!!!!! The kids had a great last week of school with lots of fun and parties, I'm not sure why they held school but I think playtime is just as important as academics! Both Max and Maci had the most wonderful teachers and Maci especially misses her teachers. Max just loves not having to go to school because school is "BORING"! I am grateful for their amazing teachers and the good example they have been for my kids. Thanks you to teachers!!!
Before school ended, of course life was crazy busy with all sorts of stuff. We started with mine and Travis's 11th anniversary (gave me the sweetest card-Love you Trav), Maci's tumbling performance which was of course so cute and if I can get the video to download I will, Max had his school play called, "Goin' Buggy". He played the role of a cricket. He told me his speaking part was at the beginning and I wasn't prepared so I didn't get it on video-it was a very cute play. Then, Lola got spayed and had to where a cone around her head for 5 days. She kept running into walls and our legs-poor thing. She's doing great now and is back to her old self.
The day after school we took off to Durango, Colorado. Travis and I signed up to do a bike race called, The Ironhorse Classic and we all (kids included) just needed to get away. The scenery was breathtaking as well as the race. It started in Durango and was 50 miles uphill to Silverton. Ok, there was some downhill but my memory seems to only remember up,up,up,up! Its a big ride with 2500 people who try to beat the train to Silverton. It climbed about 5,000 ft. and reached just under 11,000 ft. in elevation. We climbed two mountain passes-Coalbank pass which was the hill that never ended and then Molas pass which was not quite as steep or as long. I will admit the downhill into Silverton was my favorite part. This race is by far one of the most beautiful. It was hard but I was very glad that I did it. In my category (cat 4/5) I placed 13th over 50 women-did it in 3 hrs 21 min-I was very happy. Travis raced pro, cat 1,2 and placed 26th. It took him 2 hours and 27 min. When Ryder was 2 months old Travis did this race and I remember thinking that I really wanted to try it someday-now I can say I did it!
After the race we relaxed and played with the kids. We stayed at the Durango Mt. Resort which was so much fun. The kids swam, did the alpine slide, and then we went on a hike to a lake called Spud Lake. It was so beautiful! It reminded me of backpacking with my Dad-I miss it. I miss big mountains, fresh lakes and green trees.
We came home on Memorial day and on the way home the kids somehow knocked our DVD's out of the car at one of our stops and misplaced about 20 DVD's-yeah for kids!!! Least favorite part of the trip would have to be Ryder's scream (I know-SHOCKING!) Overall, it was a great trip, the kids didn't want to leave.
Since we've been home....Maci had her dance recital-she was the best and cutest (no bias), the kids are doing swim team and we're just enjoying not having anywhere to rush to in the afternoon. We are looking forward to going to Utah where it will be much cooler and we get to hang out with our family we miss so much!!!
Last thing-Ryder's new thing when he eats vegetables is to tell us, "Thats disgustin" then gag-Awesome! Happy Birthday to Amy!


Miss Betty, Maci, Mrs. Rodeffer and Miss Kim

Max and Miss Anderson

Jack, Max and Trevor-"Goin' Buggy"

Maci's Tumbling

Hike to Spud Lake-Ryder, Max, and Maci


Aren't we cute!!!

Spud Lake

Max, Maci, Ryder, Travis and the Animas River


The view from Durango Mt. Resort

2 comments:

  1. Ok glad to see your little Maci doesn't need therapy after having Miss Kim buy her lunch so many times... :) LOVE your blog, ok you are amazing with the races... Gosh I just have no desire to ever have that feeling of "I did it!" colorado is beautiful.... I miss the mountains and green too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update! So many adorable pictures :)

    ReplyDelete